What do I need to do to rezone?
You must first check with our office to see if the zoning classification you are seeking conforms to the master plan of the county. If it does, then you need to fill out an application, pay the appropriate fee and appear before the planning commission at the scheduled hearing. All requests for rezoning must be published in the official county paper and all property owners within 1000 feet of the proposed zoning must be notified at least 20 days in advance of a hearing, of the date, time and place of said hearing. Please allow 60 to 90 days for the zoning process.

If you have any questions, please contact Planning and Zoning.

Show All Answers

1. When is a building permit needed?
2. What is the cost of a building permit?
3. How many acres do I need to build a house?
4. Where can I place a mobile or manufactured home in the county?
5. What do I need to apply for a building permit?
6. Will I have to rezone the property?
7. What do I need to do to rezone?
8. What is a plat and who can prepare one?
9. Does the county have building codes?
10. What are restrictive covenants?