Will I have to rezone the property?
That depends on what you wish to do and the current zoning of the property. When countywide zoning was established in 1972, the entire county was zoned A1 (agriculture), with a few exceptions. If you are wanting to establish a commercial or manufacturing use, then most likely the land would need to be rezoned. If you are wanting to build a single family home, rezoning of the property may be required.

Please check with our office for details. If you plan to develop a subdivision, then rezoning and platting is required. If you have any questions, please contact Planning and Zoning.

Show All Answers

1. When is a building permit needed?
2. What is the cost of a building permit?
3. How many acres do I need to build a house?
4. Where can I place a mobile or manufactured home in the county?
5. What do I need to apply for a building permit?
6. Will I have to rezone the property?
7. What do I need to do to rezone?
8. What is a plat and who can prepare one?
9. Does the county have building codes?
10. What are restrictive covenants?