Simple Health Tips
Take simple steps to avoid diseases like COVID-19:
- Wash your hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw it in the trash
- Clean surfaces with disinfectant, especially those surfaces that have been touched by someone who is sick.
Click through the tabs below for more information about the novel coronavirus and COVID-19.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and have recently traveled to one of the affected countries or areas within the United States with the disease or have been in close contact with someone who has been sick with COVID-19, call your healthcare provider.
- Making sure you’re well stocked on the essentials is smart with uncertainty about how COVID-19 social distancing recommendations could affect your daily routine and your family’s needs. Regardless of how COVID-19 spreads, however, Pottawatomie County will NOT order the closure of grocery stores or pharmacies. Buy what you need to provide for your family for up to two weeks for general preparedness. But there’s no need to stock up for any more than that. A little consideration for our neighbors is going to go a long way as we get through this together.
- How Coronavirus spreads
- At-Home Activities for Youth and Families
- FAQ regarding COVID-19.
- Below is basic information about hand washing and the differences between social distancing, quarantine, and isolation.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has many tips, documents, and news releases to stay up to date on the latest information regarding Coronavirus and COVID-19 in the State of Kansas.
They’ve also created several Video FAQs that are available online:
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has a wealth of the most up to date information regarding the Coronavirus and COVID-19.
They are also posting the latest coronavirus updates about what to do to prevent the spread of this disease through news releases, informational sheets, and videos.