- County Offices
- Health Department
Pottawatomie County Health Department was established in 1973 by the County Commissioners. The commissioners are the local board of health for the department.
About the Health Department
The Pottawatomie County Health Department announces that it will no longer provides family planning and well women services. The success of recent changes in health care has decreased the need for family planning services. The health department will continue to provide other public health service. Contact the health department with any questions or concerns at 785-457-3719.
If you are in need of a well woman/family planning service contact:
- Riley County Health Department: 785-776-4779
- Konza Prairie Health Clinic: Manhattan 785-320-7134
- Your Primary Care Provider
For information about the novel coronavirus and COVID-19, please visit the County’s Coronavirus page. This page is intending to be the County’s information hub with links to daily updates, KDHE information, CDC information, and other useful details to keep you informed during this pandemic.
MissionThe department's mission was adopted in 2013 and states, "It is our mission to engage, encourage, and build community partnerships for the purpose of identifying and promoting a healthy living environment for the stakeholders of Pottawatomie County."
Essential Services for Public HealthThe Health Department strives to meet the 10 essential services for public health by:
- Assuring a competent public and personal health care workforce
- Developing policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and health hazards in the community
- Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Evaluating effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Informing, educating, and empowering people about health issues
- Linking people to needed personal health services and assuring the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Mobilizing community partnerships and actions to identify and solve health problems
- Monitoring health status to identify and solve community health problems
- Researching for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
Family Resource Night & Community Baby ShowerThe Pottawatomie County Health Departing will be hosting a Family Resource Night and Community Baby Shower on 4-20-2023. Read on...